Okay so it has been a long while since I have blogged, I just find it hard to find the time to sit down and do this. Raydin has been in school now for a month. He started on the 28th of July. He is in 1st grade this year and he LOVES it. He likes his teacher and made new friends the first day. He loves other kids and makes friends easily. He loves everyone and wants them to be happy. First grade has been an adjustment for us though. Kindergarten was in the afternoon, so no school until 12:30 and now school starts at 8:25 in the am. I get home from work at 5am and wake up two and a half hours later to get him up and going. Let's just say it has been rough. Last week he started to walk by himself to school and home. It is nice for me not to have to drag the girls out or wake them up if they are still asleep. I don't like taking him to school it always seems a rush, but I miss going to pick him up. It was fun to have him run out to me with a big grin on his face. He wants to walk "all by himself" though so I will respect that since the school is three blocks from our apt. Out neighbor girl is in his class and so sometimes they walk together. He has homework every night along with reading for 20 minutes 5 days a week. He is an excelllent reader and I am amazed each day at how much he improves. He is so smart and we are so proud of him. He is a good student and loves having cold lunch except on Wednesdays when they have pizza. That is the only day he likes "hot" lunch.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Im so sorry that you arent getting much sleep. I think Raydin will love being in school all day, how fun!
Post a Comment