Last night for Family Home Evening Jason took us to the Energy Solutions Arena to sing Christmas Carols to the troops in Iraq. It was such a wonderful experience. Our good friends the Broschinsky's met us there. Raydin and Karlee sure had a great time together. IT was a free event sponsored by Larry H. Miller. I was upset about all the problems we have been having with our van I wasn't in the mood to go but the spirit was so strong I couldn't hold back some emotion. What a sacrifice our troops and their families are making. I couldn't imagine being back here at home taking care of three little ones by myself and then be without him at Christmas. I forgot the camera and I didn't even think to bring it since Jason didn't tell me what we were doing until we were already on our way. It was a surprise for the rest of us. It was a wonderful night and they have been doing it for about 14 years, I think is what they said. Next Year if you get a chance to go and sing Christmas Carols I suggest you do, what a wonderful way to feel the Christmas Spirit.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Sounds like a neat experience! We'll have to try it sometime! I bet the Troops love it especially if they get a chance to spot their own family there.
I was so glad we went we should go every year together. Sorry we didnt get a chance to talk. Its hard with the little ones. you guys are always in our prayers. hopefully once the holidays are done we can hang out and chat!
Post a Comment